Abraxas understands the meaning of a Gas Safe Kitchen
We are Gas Safe Certified No. 180427.
What are the Guidelines for Gas safety in a commercial Catering kitchen?
Legislation of specific relevance to catering businesses regarding gas safety, installation & maintenance:
- The Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- The Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- The Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992
- The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
- The Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998
The above documents set out the requirements that must be met to comply with the law.
There are thousands of pages of hard-to-read technical information and the potential criminal and civil actions that can be a consequence of noncompliance, including your insurer refusing you cover as a consequence of not keeping within the law.
The law places duties on the business owner or employer to ensure that any gas appliance, installation pipe work or flue under their control, is maintained in a safe condition to prevent risk of injury. Gas Safety (Installation & Use) Regulations 1998 – Regulation 35.
How can you be compliant?
Simple! Talk to Abraxas and let us make sure that your gas installation is compliant with all the necessary regulations.
- We can supply Gas Safe Certificates (required every 12 months).
- Natural Gas or LPG installations.
- New Gas supplies to kitchens.
- Repairs to all types of Catering Gas appliances.
- Installation of Gas safe Interlocks
Want more info on Gas Safe?
What’s the easiest way to get a Gas Safe Kitchen and peace of mind?
Ring 01562 863222 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and book an appointment with our gas specialist for a chat, free advice and a competitive quote for what you need.
tel: 01562 863 222
Firs Industrial Estate, Kidderminster, Worcestershire DY11 7QN, UK